Friday, November 28, 2008

Platonic Relationships

I feel like there was something I wanted to blog about, but I can't remember what it was. Maybe I'm just crazy. Oh wait! I am. Mystery solved. Instead, I will talk about platonic relationships. One of my friends once told me that he doesn't think a guy and girl can maintain a platonic relationship for a long time. I think I agree with him. I mean, my B.G.F. and I have been friends for a long time, and, as I think I have told you before, it is very much platonic. However, it doesn't feel quite right somehow. It probably doesn't help that he's REALLY good looking. I mean, let's be honest here - the guy's a babe. Tonight we hung out at his place for awhile. Then we went to a party, and one of my other friends met us there. When she and I left, I asked her if she'd noticed his hair - he's growing it out. Last time I was visiting, he told me that's what he was doing, but I had forgotten, so I was momentarily surprised when he opened the door this evening. I told him he looks like a bum. I meant a surfer bum - you know the type. I told Friend that sometimes he's really cute, but I also laughed about his hair - I think he's too old to still be doing that. At any rate, Friend pointed out that he's still a looker, and the whole way back to her house that's what I thought about. Anyways, I don't have a crush on him - we've been friends far too long for that, I think, but I still say that something feels a bit out of place in a boy/girl friendship that last forever at that level. So, I guess my friend was right and wrong. He was right in that it feels a little off, he was wrong in that I am proof that you can be friends with someone for a long time without it having to move into relationship or parting-of-ways status. And I'm glad for that because he's a great friend. The end.

No comments: