Saturday, November 29, 2008

The Nutcracker

It has been years since I have seen The Nutcracker. I used to watch it each Christmas, but it hasn't worked out for a long time now. Earlier today, Former Roommate and I were checking out what was going on in the area, and we saw that there was a company performing The Nutcracker. Former Roommate had never seen it and wasn't opposed to doing so, so we decided to go. The woman who sold us the tickets gave us a deal, which was nice of her. We were able to see everything pretty well, and I'm glad we went. It was relaxing and beautiful and I even cried at the beginning. What I like about ballet is that it reminds me that the human body is really wonderful. My favorite part of The Nutcracker is the Arabian dance. It is so beautiful. Today's performers did a great job, too. The girl was super flexible and just amazing. I wish that dance was a little longer. And, I'm happy that I finally got to see it again.

No comments: