Thursday, November 6, 2008

1813 Today - 7348 Total

I know I'm still behind in my word count, but I think I'm going to be okay with today's efforts. I had my first what-am-I-thinking, why-am-I-doing-this? sort of moments today. My book is going to be awful; I've known that since before I started. Today, though, I just didn't want to keep writing. I was still planning on it, but I thought I'd quite for the day a little while ago. I forced myself to keep going until I'd written more than I had yesterday. Nanowrimo must really have this thing down, too, because I received my first little pep talk from an author since the month began. He encouraged us to plow ahead. He says that page 70 is the hardest to write. I'm not even near 70 yet, so I can only imagine. When I get to my 70th page, I'll have to let you know if I agree.

The bad thing about blogging after working on my story is that I'm all burned out and don't feel like I have anything worthwhile to talk about on here. I mean, it seems to me like I've had a couple of brilliant posting ideas hit me recently, but my brain feels like mush now. The lack of sleep I've experienced lately can't help anything, either. I'd better just go to bed. Good night!

1 comment:

Kate said...

Don't stop blogging! I enjoy reading them! i am sure your book is good. We are our own worst critics but once you read back through it it won't be as bad as you may think. Keep it up, not many of us can write a book or even attempt it.