Saturday, November 5, 2011

What I Saw in a Teenager Today

My school's main campus had a yard sale today. I don't think I would have gone to help, but the teacher who heads it each year told me that she intended to share the proceeds with all of the school sites, so I felt like I better go and help. I'm glad I did. It was a beautiful day out, and i got to visit with some of my colleagues that I rarely see, due to working at a different location. I got to hold a baby for a little while (One of the teachers had a little girl a few months or so ago). And one of the students was a really good example to me. This homeless-looking man came with his dog, and this student was cordial and treated him just like any of the other customers. He didn't seem uncomfortable, he didn't avoid him like many of us probably would (and like many of us who where there did, I guess). I'm glad for his example today that reminds me that I need to be less judgmental and more kind.

No comments: