Friday, November 4, 2011

If you knew that whatever you ate next would be your last meal, what would you want it to be?

That is a writing prompt from Nablopomo, and I like it. You see, I have a roommate who has noticeably lost weight in the time I've known her, so I decided to ask her how she did it. She told me, and I decided to try. I bought the book she told me about, and now I'm trying to eat according to the book's plan. I feel pretty cranky, so I hope that means something beneficial is happening. If I knew that my next meal was going to be my last, I would eat a juicy, rare steak, and I would put salt on it. I would have loaded mashed potatoes and a bunch of buttery, garlicky steamed veggies. There would be delicious, hot rolls to eat. I would drink just-made strawberry lemonade. For dessert I would have a big slice of New York style cheesecake, and I would drink a glass of milk with it. And I sure hope that my next meal isn't my last because I certainly won't be eating that for breakfast.

2 comments:

Kate said...

What is this book your friend is using?

jamila said...

It is called "Your Inner Skinny"; it's by Joy Bauer.