Saturday, November 12, 2011

Ice Cream

One of my favorite moments this weekend occurred last night. I was visiting my sister and her family. My other sister and her husband were there, too. We were eating supper, and when my niece finished her dinner, she began to tell us that she wanted ice cream. She kept repeating her desire, and we had to keep telling her that her dad and uncle would go get some (ice cream seemed like a good idea to everyone else) after we were all finished. I think we had all finally left the table, except for my brother-in-law. I guess he finished his food because all of a sudden my niece exclaimed something like, "Oh, yes!!! Now we go get ice cream!" My sisters will have to correct me on what she said, exactly, but it was just a hoot because she was so enthusiastic. She accompanied the guys to buy it, and when they got back, I think she headed straight for a drawer in the kitchen and pulled out a bowl and spoon for herself and then took them to the table, ready for her treat.

1 comment:

Krista said...

That is so adorable. I'm the same way about my desserts. It's good to be as a little child right?