Thursday, November 24, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving 2011

Today I am thankful for a place to go to spend Thanksgiving. My parents went out of state this year, and I didn't have someone special to spend it with. However, I my brother's in-laws invited me to their dinner, and I was able to go and enjoy that. I was a little nervous about how comfortable I would feel because I only know my sister-in-law's immediate family, and the dinner was at an uncle's house, so there were going to be many people I don't know. They were nice, though, and I felt alright. Grandma talked to me a little, which was fun. And my sister-in-law's father and uncle reminisced on their events from their childhood. It was a really nice dinner with yummy food and good people. Earlier, I saw a man selling newspapers in the median, which made me sad. I'm so thankful to be blessed with my needs and many wants, even, and I hope I can help others' needs to be met.

No comments: