Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Bar

I know I said I was going to write about things I am thankful for, but I decided that tonight I want to write about a first - I think tonight was my first visit to an American bar. I have a roommate who is in a band; I think they normally (maybe always, I don't know) play at bars. I've never been to see her perform before, and tonight was her last performance with the band, so I wanted to go. Anyhow, I don't know how bars work, but it wasn't too intimidating. I don't drink, so I felt a little bad, but I did buy dinner.

Anyhow, the band was really fun. My roommate plays the flute and sings. There was also a drummer, a couple of guitarists, a couple of saxophones, and a trumpeter/trombone player. They played a variety of song styles, from jazz, to rock, to disco, etc. My roommate has a lovely voice, and she and everyone else were fun to listen to.

No comments: