Friday, November 25, 2011

The Muppets

This evening, I am thankful for the Muppets (Really, I am thankful for my family, but I'm going to write about the muppets.). My brother, sister-in-law, and I went to watch the new movie this evening. I feel guilty because I shouldn't be spending money on movies, but I LOVE the muppets. Maybe it stems from my uncle giving me a Kermit the Frog when I was a baby. Whatever the reason, I adore them. So, this evening we went, and I LOVED it! I am kind of surprised that they didn't have more cameos than they did; however, they did have several, including Mickey Rooney (who, I just learned, is 91 years old!). I think I identified a little too much with some of the songs, and I came close to crying, but I think I made it through without actually shedding a tear. One of the fun things about the movie was being in an audience with lots of other "grown-ups" and listening to people enjoy the movie; there was a lot of laughter, which was great. It was awesome, and I hope there are more good Muppet times to come.

No comments: