Saturday, November 26, 2011

Some of My Favorite Things

I am going to write about two things I am thankful for. First, I am thankful for old movies. I recently learned that one of my co-workers doesn't like to watch anything from before around 1975 - isn't that awful?! My roommate and I watched Guys and Dolls tonight. I love it! I was thinking about how I'm kind of strange, I think, for being into old movies and for having watched many. In high school, TCM was one of my favorite stations. And I also thought about how my children will be strange, too, because they will know who Gene Kelly, Frank Sinatra, Cary Grant, etc. were.

The other thing I wanted to write about was my niece, who you've heard a lot about over the last 2 1/2 years. I got to take her to the park for about an hour today. We fed the ducks. We rode the little train that drives around. And she went down a couple of slides. Her dad texted and called for me to bring her back so that they could go eat lunch with her mother, who was working today. When I told my niece, she replied something like, "No, not today," or something that was supposed to mean that she wanted to stay at the park. However, she let me take her back. During the car ride back, she asked me if I was going to come eat lunch with her at the doctor's office (her mom is a nurse). I would have loved to have done that, especially since I didn't get much time with the family this weekend, but I explained that I wasn't invited. "Okay. You have to go home, Jamie." "That's right. I have to go home." It was sure fun spending that brief hour with her - she loves me, and I love her, and I don't have to worry about her hurting me (at least not for a few years yet).

No comments: