Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Veteran's Day

What a great day - I spent awhile cleaning my room (you wouldn't be able to tell, though. It's not clean yet, and I've still got a long way to go. More accurate would probably be "organizing my closet."), visiting with a great-uncle and great-aunt, getting a massage (heavenly!), watching part of a war movie until it stopped working, etc. However, there is a reason that today was a holiday, and that is what I wish to address. Actually, I mostly want to thank my grandpa. He was a pilot in the Pacific theater of World War II. I don't know much about his service, but he has told me a few things, and I can't imagine what it would feel like to be in the middle of a war. Nor do I ever care to find out how that feels. I'm so thankful to my grandpa and many, many other men, as well as women, who have served in the military to help protect and preserve freedom. Thank you, Grandpa!

No comments: