Friday, November 27, 2009

Dear Founding Fathers,

First off, I just want to say thank you so much for all of your efforts to set up a one-of-a-kind nation run by the people. Thank you for your sacrifices. Thank you for your debates. Thank you for your research. Thank you for not all feeling the same way about how to establish and run a great nation. Thank you for compromising. Thank you for trying (and succeeding) to do something great.

I have a few questions for you. How do you feel about what has become of what you set up? How do you feel about taxation in the United States of America today? Would you stand for it? Do you think they are worth it? How do you feel about the direction we are headed? Do you think Europe is a good model for us? Do you think it's good that the government plays such a heavy role in affairs today?

I am sorry that most of us do not study what you did for us. I am sorry that many of us seem to have forgotten the republic part of our government. I am sorry that we do not learn the Constitution and take certain rights for granted that are nowhere to be found therein. I am sorry that we forget that it is our Constitution and founding ideals that allow us to continue to direct the destiny of our country. And I am sorry that many have forgotten that we are a Christian nation.

Once again, thank you.

Sincerely,

Me

No comments: