Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Pat

I just finished reading Pat of Silver Bush, by L. M. Montgomery, and I have to post on it because it was so good. I have to admit that all of Montgomery's books are very similar. If you've read one, you pretty much know what they will all be like. I enjoy them, though, because they're wholesome and full of good morals. They're full of imagination and idealism, and they are just fun, uplifting books. The reason I'm writing about Pat, though, is because I really enjoyed this one - more than many of the other ones. This one actually had me laughing out loud - I'm not sure the last time that happened. I cried in part of it, too, although that is definitely not unheard of for me. I think part of the reason I liked it so much is because I can identify a lot with Pat. She hates change. She wants everything to remain the same. She loves nature and finds so much pleasure in beautiful things. I love her.

Also, as she already knows, I kept thinking about my friend, Lu, while reading the book. I don't know why - I just think she would like it. There's this great character with an Irish accent that I think she would appreciate. The only annoying thing about the book is that I believe there is a sequel, so this one didn't resolve everything. Now I just have to find the next one.

No comments: