Thursday, July 17, 2008

Road Trip - Day Nine, cont'd

I got to go hang out with one of my former roommates in Rexburg. I've blogged about her before, you might recall. She's in school and working, as well, so I didn't meet up with her until the evening. Then we went to the Rexburg temple - yea!! I've been waiting to go there. It was under construction while I attended BYU-I, so I have really been looking forward to seeing it completed and being able to attend. It is a beautiful temple, as you can see. It's right across the street from the history building, where I spent much of my BYU-I life.
After going to the temple, Roommate and I went to this fabulous new Thai restaurant. I got this yellow curry dish that was to die for! It was REALLY good. I don't think I've ever had such good curry and Roommate could vouch for me on that.

I spent the night at her place and got to know her nice roommate a little. I love hospitable people! My roommate and two of her roommates each offered me their beds for the night. I won't tell you whether I accepted or not, it was just so kind of each of them to offer, especially the ones that didn't even know me. That's one of the things I like about poor college students. It seems to me that they have an easier time sharing sometimes, perhaps because they need to let other people help them out sometimes, too. I don't know. The point is, I had a great evening with my roommate - thank you!

No comments: