Sunday, October 5, 2008

Happy Birthday to Me!

It was my birthday Thursday - I'm definitely getting old. I am bad at being social and doing things with people, so I decided my birthday would finally be a good time to try to see a lot of people that I haven't done anything with for awhile. To start off the celebration, my siblings that live in my town took me out to Texas Roadhouse, where I had the most amazing steak ever. It was perfect - thin layer of grey meat on the outside, red on the inside. My compliments definitely to the chef. The hostess asked if it was any of our birthdays, so they found out early on. They made me sit on a saddle and everyone yelled "Yee-haw!" for me. My youngest brother wrote me a poem, which was really beautiful and made me cry. I also received a CD of cello music and Fiddler on the Roof from my siblings. When I got home, my roommates had the apartment nicely decorated and beautiful and clean. Many people came by for cake and ice cream, and I received some really nice cards. All in all, it was a nice birthday. I'm curious about what this next year will bring.

No comments: