Sunday, December 4, 2011

Re-Connect

Once upon a time I went to the same college as my brother. He had a roommate who became one of my friends. Roommate was nice enough to be my date when I wanted to do something with a date and didn't have one. We saw concerts together, we were a married couple in a murder mystery (I just barely remembered that - that was a really fun time!), etc. My apartment and his apartment did dinner together for a semester or so once, too. I haven't seen him since we graduated about five and a half years ago, and I haven't talked to him for a long time either. Since graduation he has gotten married and gone to and completed dental school. Anyhow, I recently found out that he now lives nearby - in the same city, even. He and his wife invited me over for dinner tonight. It was nice meeting his wife, dinner was delicious (even though it involved shrimp - I had to have Friend explain how to eat it), and his wife had me give my input on where she should put the Christmas lights. It was fun to re-connect, and I'm glad to have a couple more friends in town.

No comments: