Sunday, February 1, 2009

Happy February!

Can you believe it is a new month?! The first month of 2009 is already gone. Whoa!

Here's the way I spent the last week of January:

Monday - Happy Chinese New Year!! It's the Year of the Ox.
Tuesday - Austen Night begins! We started with "Persuasion" and had a great little debate after the movie. It was just like "girl time" after, only with a guy there to give us his perspective, which was pretty different from mine regarding one of the scenes.

Wednesday - Missionary Coordination - I love our meetings!! Doesn't that sound like an oxymoron - loving a meeting? But, I do! Also, Emilee is two weeks old! The picture was taken that day.

Thursday - Practice with the band and attend New Testament class, which was great (for more reasons than one)!

Friday - Variety Show - my little bro. did an amazing job with his one-man "Princess Bride" sketch. Several people have commented on how great it was. The band did alright. I don't think we did as well as we could have, nor did it go exactly like we had planned for it to go, but we had the audience participate with us, and I think that went over really well. The show was too long, but I really liked most of the acts.

And now for a little note about the radar, since I'm sure you want an update. I was recently reminded how impossible it is. I would say the odds are a million to one on one of the blips. Now, I've known that for a long time - I just haven't been able to let it go yet. However, the other one is pretty aggravating because I had no idea what I was getting myself into with that one. I thought there was a much closer to even chance, but now I'm not so sure. My sister told me not to give up, though, so I'm trying to see what I can do anyway. Providence even seemed to help me out today. One can't go wrong with that, so I will try to be bold and we will see what happens (which will likely be nothing, but as nothing's going on right now anyway, it's not like there's much to lose, right?).

No comments: