Sunday, February 15, 2009

Valentine's & One Month of Emilee

It is late, and I really need to go to bed, but I had such a great Valentine's yesterday that I wanted to write about it. It didn't start out so well, which was my fault, but from about 7:00 p.m. on it was fantastic. These are the reasons:



1) I got to hang out with Emilee who was one month old yesterday. I read The Giving Tree to her. I'm sure you can imagine how attentive a one month old would be for that, but I thought I might as well start now. Emilee is so cool, and I'm so glad she is a part of my life. While I was holding her yesterday I thought about how I could just stare at her forever. She's great!

2) On my way home, one Bookend Boy called and asked me where I was. I was heading to Walmart, which I don't like, at the time. However, I knew why he was calling, thanks to a comment made by one of my Roommates earlier in the day, so I told him a street I was near. He replied, "So you're heading home?" "Yes." "Good. Your instructions are to continue driving home." Which I did. When I got home, I heard Bookend Boy and three of his friends at a different apartment. I hurried up to mine, wishing I had made myself more presentable that day. A few minutes later there was a knock at the door. When we opened the door, four cute boys dressed in red shirts stood and serenaded us with several songs. Well, that certainly made my day smile. If I can figure out how to upload one of the videos from it, I will. Umm . . . strike that. I guess I will post a picture of them. When I figure out the video thing, maybe I will upload it.


3) My Roommate and I had a dance party. We danced for a couple of hours in our living room, and it was great! We called and invited some friends, but most of them left after a few minutes. However, Roommate and I danced the night away. It felt so good to just let loose for awhile, you know?

Valentine's Day is going to have to try pretty hard to beat this year's day.

1 comment:

Shannon said...

James, I am so glad I have a link to your blog on mine now. That valentines song was so adorable. I am glad you had a great V-day :)