Sunday, November 7, 2010

Give the Lord Equal Time

"Always give the Lord equal time." Tonight there was a broadcast from BYU to the 18-30 year olds. Elder Ballard, an apostle, addressed us, and one of the points that sticks out to me is giving the Lord time in my life. There are so many things that can distract me if I let them - things that aren't even bad. It's just that the Lord is more important - most important, right? - and He will guide me to the most joy that I can have if I will let Him. I definitely feel like I need guidance in my life, and I've been slacking spiritually for quite awhile now, so I'm really grateful for that counsel, and I plan to start implementing it tonight. If I remember, I will link to Elder Ballard's address soon.

1 comment:

Kate said...

Jamie! I missed the broadcast because of a family thing, but thanks for posting this. I know that giving our lives to the Lord isn't easy. This past year I did exactly that. Gave up everything to move to Utah because the spirit told me to. Struggled with my new calling, no job, and a stupid boy. I know that my own faith waned a few times, however, things right now all seem to be working out for the best. New job, new calling, and well I can't say anything about that last one. I can't count my chickens before they hatch. But lovin' how everything is turning out. :)