Sunday, September 26, 2010

Sometimes You Just Need a Vacation from Your Vacation

Crazy weekend - I am so very tired. Friday night I packed and cleaned until it was well into Saturday because I'm a moron and didn't take care of things ahead of time. Saturday, Friend shows up just after 7:00, and awhile thereafter he, Roommate, and I took off for Vegas. Now, Las Vegas might be a place for lots of people, but I'm probably not one of them. I mean, I didn't mind going, I just didn't get all excited to be going there. The reason for the trip was to watch our friend's senior recital. She's one of the nicest/funnest girls ever. She is majoring in composition, and I'm excited for the day when I can tell people that I actually know her. The performance was cool, but I was so tired after it that while waiting in the choir room for directions on where we were going next, Friend told me to go sleep in the car. Which is what I did - glorious! And I slept well that night, only to have to get up early this morning to leave to head back home. We stopped in one city for church. Then we stopped in another to visit Lu and her husband. I've really been craving my Lu lately, so I'm so glad for the visit even though it was brief. It was a wonderful trip, but then I was supposed to make birthday cakes for a couple of students tonight, and I'm just too tired. Maybe tomorrow.

No comments: