Sunday, September 19, 2010

The Girl Called

Miss Montreal called me this week! Therefore, I took off after work on Thursday and drove up to the city she was staying in. It's one of those cities that you think should be right off the freeway, but it's not, so then it feels kind of long to get there. I was supposed to meet her at a church, where she was participating in a volleyball tournament, and that's what I did, only I didn't tell her I was there because she was on the court when I arrived. Instead, I sat on the stage and watched as she played 3 or so games. When I finally did tell her I was there, she scolded me because she had been looking for me, apparently, when she was off the court. Oops! Anyhow, we went to get dinner, but I didn't know my way around that city, so we actually ended up in a different city, and then my brother-in-law told me where to go to get food there, which we did. It was nice having that connection back to my mission, and I am glad I was able to get caught up on some of the Montreal news.

No comments: