Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Dating - What Else?

First of all, I saw a Jewish family today while at the optometrist's, which made me happy because I have this special affinity for Jews. I hope that doesn't sound awful - I just feel connected to the Jewish people; I think I have a lot in common with them, and I feel like they're my brothers.

Anyhow, the real reason for the post is to ask, Why does it hurt to not be in to somebody? There's this guy who I have mentioned on here recently that I just am not interested in dating seriously, and yet it hurts whenever I am reminded of that. Maybe it's because people keep bugging me to try. "Give it time," my roommate says, but I really feel I already know. We're going out soon, and it hurt after he asked me. I just talked to him, and it hurt coming home after. Maybe the aching really comes from wanting something but knowing it's still not to be. I want to follow another roommate's advice and just let us be friends and see if anything comes later (which I think I know it won't), but this guy actually does things right, I believe, in that he treats me like a girl. Instead of the too casual buddy/buddy thing that my generation does, we actually treat each other with that deference one should give to a potential partner. All part of that awkward dating process that I would so like to get beyond.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I think that respect is very important, the world is better with respect.
http://nossasviagenspelobrasil.blogspot.com/