Sunday, August 29, 2010

Musings

I just ate an unhealthy amount of Brazilian food tonight and think I might just slip into a food coma, so I will try to write quickly. Besides getting to hang out with my former roommate (who is from Brazil - hence the food) and her husband, I also got to see her husband's son, who is a friend of mine. Isn't it just great getting to see dear friends who you haven't seen for awhile? I mean, it would be great to see them more often, but when that's not really possible, how fun to have that occasional little reunion. I would have liked to take a walk with him and get some good one-on-one time to catch up on his life. But, seeing as how there were other people there to see him, too, that didn't happen. What did happen, though, was horse shoes and a bee bee gun, and lots of good eats! On my drive home I enjoyed the view of the sparkling lights of the city below. Earlier, on the way there, I got to look at some of the beautiful desert plants, prettily arranged on a hill. Isn't life great?!

No comments: