Sunday, August 8, 2010

Emilee said "Cool"

and "I don't know." I swear she did. I've been trying to get her to speak for quite awhile now. We have this deal that if she says "Hi" I will buy her ice cream. Instead of saying it, she likes to smile and sign it (when I think she's perfectly capable of uttering that one simple word). Anyways, I was talking to her on the phone the other day, and I really think I heard "cool" and "I don't know" during the conversation. In fact, I wondered if one of her parents was in the background saying those things to trick me. I told her that I owed her ice cream for talking to me, so when I went to visit her this weekend, we purchased some orange/vanilla ice cream (that she selected) and some cones. By the time we got back to her place, she was asleep, so I didn't get to be there when she got her treat. My sister sent me some pictures of the event (Thanks for taking them!), and I hope she won't mind my posting one of them here.P.S. My brother heard her say "I don't know" while we were driving somewhere the day we went to visit, if that gives more credence to my claim. She wasn't responding to anything in particular - she just said it.

No comments: