Sunday, October 3, 2010

General Conference Weekend

General Conference is the best! I love it! I love that I can watch it at home - the only problem is that I seem to forget that my laptop will inevitably be unable to connect to the internet when I first try on Saturday morning, and thus I never give myself enough time to connect. This means that we missed Pres. Monson's opening address; I'm glad that I can still watch it online or read it in the Ensign. The other usual problem didn't happen this time, for which I am very grateful. My laptop usually overheats - at least, I think that's the problem. Therefore, we have learned to hook up Roommate's laptop to the t.v. and not mine. However, her laptop isn't working at the moment. So, I stuck an ice pack under my laptop, hoping it would keep it cool enough - I don't know if that's what did it, but lappy didn't fail, so we did get to watch the 7 hours and 45 minutes of Conference that it was connected for - YES!!

It's just great knowing that we have a prophet today who receives revelation from God. It's great knowing that God does not change. We can trust Him, as Elder Eyring discussed today. He is not who we create Him to be, rather He created us, and when we follow His plan for us we are blessed.

No comments: