Sunday, October 17, 2010

30th Birthday!

Well, if anyone thought that The Spinster Chronicles wasn't quite an appropriate title for my blog before, they couldn't deny it now because I just had my 30th birthday. And what a lovely birthday it was. I had a bunch of girls over - did I already tell you this? - and we DANCED. It was so much fun, and I was totally sore a couple of days later, which means I should probably do that more often. It was mostly a girl party, which is not like me, but it was great. A few, select boys came later, and they were very welcome. My roommate made my traditional German chocolate cake, which was delicious. Since then, my coworker brought in a red velvet cake for me, which was also scrumptious!
Then came the more planned part to my birthday - a cruise! A roommate suggested it several months back, we planned it, and four of us girls took off a week ago Saturday. We spent a couple of nights at my uncle's. He dropped us off at the Long Beach Pier on Monday, and after slowly making our way through the security line, we finally made it on the boat. We spent the week sleeping a lot (glorious!), eating a lot, dancing, watching the ocean, and just relaxing. We walked around Catalina Island, which was beautiful. We went to La Bufadora in Ensenada, Mexico, and spent money at the flea market. It was great! My aunt picked us up on Friday. Then we made our way to San Diego and Balboa Park, which is one of my most favorite places on earth. We spent the night with my parents and came back home on Saturday. It was a terrific week, and now it's back to reality - what a great opportunity to relax and celebrate, eh?

4 comments:

Unknown said...

you were here in San Diego?! "We are offended." says Cody. Just joking, though. It sounds like you had fun!

Natalie said...

Yay for birthdays! I hope year number 30 is a great one!

Icanfinallydoit said...

I'm so glad you could have a great time to celebrate!

MsALWalker said...

You're not a spinster if you had THAT great a time on your 30th. Great blog despite it's undeserving title. :-)