Sunday, October 24, 2010

More Weekend

I think I've just been talking about weekends lately - and that's what I'm going to do again tonight. Don't be too bored. Things should become more varied soon because in one week (fanfare, please) NaBloPoMo starts, and I will try to do it again. And I guess I've just had some pretty awesome weekends lately, so I just keep writing about them. This weekend was no different.
It started with me taking Friday off of work, so I could drive to another city and spend way too much money at a Brazilian steakhouse in celebration of the birthday of a former roommate. The food was good, and it was nice to be able to celebrate with a friend. (P.S. It was also my brother's and cousin's birthday - HAPPY BIRTHDAY!) From there, a roommate took me to the temple, where I met up with the Boy. After our time there, we went to his brother's house, where we were going to connect with the family and go to a trunk-or-treat together. We beat them to their own house, but they soon showed up. Boy's brother has a big family - 7 KIDS!! Can you believe it? And there's another one on the way. So chaos commenced as the kids and parents got dressed up. Eventually, everyone was mostly ready and we left. After a yummy meal of chili and corn bread/rolls, sister-in-law suggested we divide up the kids amongst us and conquer, which is what we did. That night, with most of the kids in bed, the adults played Settlers of Catan - not my fave, but it was pretty laid back and nice. Boy and I read the next chapter in The Horse and His Boy, and I went to bed - they made one of the nephews give up his room for me ("If you smell anything in there, it will probably be Axe and deodorant. He's in that phase right now.") - how nice of him, yes?
What with there being so many children, I figured I wasn't going to get many hours of sleep before the noise recommenced in the all-too-soon-to-come morning. However, I managed to stay in bed until 8:00-ish. Not bad. When I went downstairs, I found breakfast and children, and Boy making bread (he's domestic like that). After the kids did their chores, we went to a festival thing at some gardens, which was fun. Part of the festivities involved a hay (or no hay, depending on the vehicle) ride to a pumpkin patch (which was really a field they put a bunch of pumpkins in and then pretended like it was a patch). It was a lot of fun. I really like the family. They were nice, and it was easy to feel comfortable with them.

After that, we went to my sister's place and visited with her and her husband for a little bit. Then we all went to my other sister's place, where I got to see that sister and her husband briefly (they had a date that night). And I got to see my niece! Besides the two that left, the rest of us went and picked up pizza and fruit and went to the park. My niece was mostly interested in the strawberries. After dinner, we let her slide and swing, and then we went back to her place, and Boy and I drove home and read another couple of chapters of the book. What a terrific weekend! Now I have to deal with AIMS this week - uggh!

1 comment:

Natalie said...

Wow very eventful! I would like more details about Boy at some point. Sounds like you had a great time!