Sunday, September 14, 2008

Tarantulas

I didn't see any brown recluses Thursday or Friday - thank goodness! Pest control should be coming Tuesday, I believe, so hopefully I won't have any more experiences with those crawly guys. I'll be pretty cautious in the morning, thought, since they've had a whole weekend without people there.
Even without the recluses the last couple of work days this past week, I did not get by without seeing more creepy-crawlies. This time it was tarantulas. They were not inside my room. They were outside the rec center next door. I'm not sure if it was the same guy both days, or if I saw two different ones. Isn't he great? Even though tarantulas are big, hairy, and ugly, they don't scare me so much. Not that I would want to have a face-off with one, but I feel more like they will follow my rules - stay outside my classroom. Not only that, but I don't think they're poisonous, and they eat bugs, so they can stay, in my opinion. I was actually tempted to let one of them crawl on my hand, in fact, but I wasn't quite brave enough to go that far.
Perhaps I seem unfair in my views of arachnids, but it has to do with the level of danger I feel associated with each one, I guess. Tarantulas - okay. Brown Recluses - bad.

No comments: