Sunday, September 7, 2008

I Have A Bed!

After not having one for the last week and a half or so, I am so excited to announce that I have a bed again. I gave my mattress to my little bro., who just moved over here, and barely got a new one for myself. One of my friends very kindly picked it up for me yesterday and brought it over last night. I was so excited to sleep on it, but, alas!, it was not meant to be. It was super late, but I decided to wash my sheets, so they would be nice and clean for my nice, clean, new mattress. They got all bunched up in the dryer and didn't dry - I was so tired that I gave up and slept on the couch again. However, tonight will be different! I have my clean sheets on the mattress, which awaits me. I just need to read the scriptures (Elder Holland asked us all to read D&C 121-123 by tomorrow, at the latest!) and pray, and then I can see if I wake up refreshed in the manana. It's a Sealy, pillow-top mattress, and the salesman assured me that it's right for my body type. After my $10 D.I. mattress, anything should feel good, right?

Moving on to a couple of other topics - I have to admit that I did not finish Eclipse this weekend. I feel kind of ashamed, and yet, at the same time, I'm thinking it's probably good I didn't finish yet because it shows that I was a little stronger than my obsession.

And, for those who saw the fireside tonight, wasn't it great? For those of you who didn't see it, Elder Holland spoke on our own personal Liberty Jail times in life. He talked about Heavenly Father's love for us and the benefits of going through trying times. It was great and definitely something I needed to hear. I love the Lord. I love His apostles. Elder Holland is one of them, and it is great to know that.

No comments: