Sunday, March 2, 2008

Sushi!

One of my roommates and one of my friends just started a club called E.F.L.U., which stands for Ethnic Food Lovers Unite. Each weekend, their goal is to go try a different ethnic restaurant. They let me join. So far we have gone out for Thai food, Indian, and . . . Sushi!! Now, I dislike seafood. I have had some fish that I have been okay with, but as a general rule, I don't like it. I therefore try to avoid it as mush as possible.

My friends like sushi, though, and have been wanting to go for it. I finally decided to suck it up and try it, so we went Friday night. A couple of other friends joined us. We went to Sushi Saga, which was a good choice on my roommate's part because it offers Mexican sushi with chipotle sauce. I ordered the Jaime, since it was my name. It had crab in it, which I thought I could handle, especially since it also had cream cheese and avocados. However, although it was not disgusting, I didn't enjoy it all that much. I liked the Las Vegas roll and the Chipotle roll much better. I didn't quite have the courage to try the one with eel - maybe next time. I wish I had taken pictures so I could post them, but I didn't. Sorry.

My friends are probably going to kick me out soon, too, because I have been wary about the last couple of foods we've eaten. I hope they don't make me leave, though, because I have tried some new things. And, I think I will really like the next couple of places we go.

To finish off the evening, we went to a concert at the university. One of our friends plays the oboe in one of the orchestras. We missed the first half of the concert, but I really enjoyed the part that we made it for and hope I get to go again soon.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Fushi sushi, fish is much better hot and cooked.