Sunday, March 23, 2008

Spring Break

What a Spring Break I have had!! I was gone the entire time, and now it's back to the normal grind. You know what, though? I'm okay with that. It feels good to have a routine.

That doesn't mean that I didn't enjoy the break, though. Here's a quick (maybe) recap. I will try to figure out how to do a slideshow and post the pictures of my trip sometime soon.

Day 1: Drive up to Jacob Lake, AZ, with my sister-in-law. I went up to visit one of my former roommates, who recently returned from her mission - actually, if you read the blog, you already know about her. It was the first time I've seen her in almost two years. It was terrific!! It didn't feel like it had been two years. It was just kind of like we'd just seen each other yesterday. Isn't it nice when you're close to people like that. She gave me the best hug I've had in quite awhile - thanks! I don't think some people realize how important those are, nor how much can be communicated in them.

Day 2: It snowed all day! So, I made a snow angel and we took some pictures in the snow. It was Sunday, and Roommate's bosses had let her have it off, so we got to play all day. We colored and played the guitar. Then, at about 9:00 p.m. that night we had Sacrament Meeting. It was interesting because there were only about eight of us there. My roommate spoke - she gave an excellent talk!

Day 3: This was Roommate's normal day off, so she drove us north a bit to Zion National Park, where we spent the day. Most of the pictures I took are from there, and, as I mentioned earlier, they should be up soon. We just did a couple of short, beautiful hikes. We also found a small beach while not finding a couple of trails we wanted to do, so we relaxed there for awhile. I think that was my most peaceful moment of the break. You know, running water is really therapeutic, I think. On the way back, we stopped in a little hick town (no offense to anyone there) for dinner, and I was reminded of "Sweet Home Alabama."

Day 4: We said good bye, and Sister-in-Law and I drove back to her place. She looked at the atlas and plotted a vacation for herself and my brother while I drove and gazed at the "general splendor." It is a very beautiful drive, and I highly recommend it. I detoured through Sedona to make the drive even more scenic.

Day 5 - 10: I drove to my parents' and spent the rest of the week veg'n. It was nice and I read some more of a book that I started a long time ago. I also played the piano and practiced the guitar. Today is Day 10, and we had a lovely Easter dinner.

Isn't Easter wonderful? I'm so grateful for the Savior. I can't wait for the Resurrection - it's going to be great. I don't mean that irreverently, either. I'm really looking forward to a perfected body and mind. And so, once again, I am so grateful for the Savior, because without Him, there would be no resurrection. Happy Easter!

No comments: