Sunday, February 24, 2008

Medicine

I wanted to post earlier this week, but I didn't have a chance, and now I can't remember what it was I wanted to post about. However, I do have something on my mind at the moment, other than the fact that the "Save Now" button on my screen has been expanding with each letter I've typed - how does that happen (it did stop, so I guess the button isn't going to take over the screen)? Anyways, have you ever had a friend who is like you in ways that make you realize how insensitive you are or things like that?

I have this friend who is great - I really like him. He and I have lots of chats - you know, the silly kind that seem to occur frequently between single people. 'Who do you like?' 'Who are you interested in?' 'Why do girls . . . ?' 'Why do guys . . . ?' I love these chats with this particular friend, though, because he's one of the most amusing friends I've ever had. I can sit and listen to him tell stories forever.

Well, as you all know, I too can talk anyone's ear off. So, one of the fun things about this friend is that he's like me and sometimes forgets to politely return questions to me because he's so caught up with what is or isn't going on in his life. Now, don't get me wrong. I'm not angry at him about it. I'm more amused, which is what I already said about him. It's just that he helps me to remeber that I need to let the other person talk, too. Maybe they have something they're excited about and would like to share if I would listen.

So, if you have something to say, just remind me to shut my mouth occasionally. Thanks!

No comments: