Sunday, February 3, 2008

Welcome Hermanita!


Tonight's blog is another tribute - this one is to one of my dearest friends in the world, who you see to the left. She was my roommate for a couple of years while I attended BYU-Idaho, and she just returned home from serving in the Manchester, New Hampshire mission. WELCOME HOME!!
She is one of the coolest people I know. She is very positive and makes you feel good about yourself. I didn't do a very good job of writing her while she was away, but whenver I did write, she always got back to me promptly, and each letter was full of support and encouragement.
Have you ever met someone and gotten the wrong first impression of them? That's how it was for me. When I first met her, she seemed like the preppy, popular sort of person. I was afraid she wouldn't like me and nervous about how well we'd get along (I always worry about that kind of thing too much). Anyway, she turned out to be popular with the people who knew her, but not preppy and fake. Rather, she is a very genuine person, honest and caring.
I desperately want her to move down and live with me because I love her and have missed her so much, but only time will tell, and we each have to find out God's will for us, right? I look forward to seeing her, hopefully in the near future, and just wanted to let her know that I am so grateful for her friendship. It has meant a lot to me. I love you and hope you know how much everyone who knows you love you - you're great!!

No comments: