Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Happy Birthday, Emilee!!

Guess what, everyone?? I am an aunt!! Hooray! I am so excited about it. Her name is Emilee, and I love her. She came at 2 something p.m. - I can't recall the exact minute. She was 7 lb. 4 oz. and around 21 inches, I think. She is beautiful, although sometimes she resembles a little cabbage, I think. I was planning on calling her "my little cabbage" (which I got from the Russians) anyway, so it works. My sister and brother-in-law let me come and hang out at the hospital from just before she was born until 9:00 tonight. Initially I had to chill in the waiting room with my brother and my brother-in-law's parents. But most of the rest of the time I was with my sister. Emilee was in the nursery for much of my visit. One of my favorite parts of today was when my brother-in-law took me to the nursery window to look at her. I feel like I have faint memories of doing that with some of my younger siblings, so I really wanted to do it with Emilee, too. When we got outside the window and I looked at her, I was really touched. I had already seen her, but this felt different, looking at her little body there, this time not all wrapped up in a blanket. Britt and I just stared at her for a bit and commented a little. I finally tore myself away, but I knew that I could have just stayed and watched her indefinitely. As I walked down the hall I turned back to see Britt still standing their, quietly gazing at his new little girl. I also enjoyed holding her tonight before I left. She was peacefully sleeping, which always makes babies more beautiful, right? I can't wait to take some time off next week to help out.

Happy Birthday, little Emilee!! This is your true birth day, and I want to wish you the best on it. I love you, and I can't wait to see you tomorrow (and countless days after that)!

No comments: