Sunday, May 11, 2008

Happy Mother's Day!


Today, I just want to wish my mom a very happy Mother's Day!! The flowers at the left were given to us after church today as a reminder to call our mom's and let them know how much we love and appreciate them. Incidentally, carnations are my mom's favorite flowers, so I thought I'd take a picture of them for her. Mine is the one on the right, Melinda's is the one on the left.
My mom is the best. She's been there my whole life. One of the things that I most appreciate about her is that she stayed home all of my growing up years. That means more to me than I can say. In a world where that is looked at as less worthy or ambitious than leaving the home and seeking success through career, it is kind of rare to have a mom in the home, I think. Not only that, but in some families the mom has no choice but to work. I'm glad that my mom had the choice and that she made the right one. Because of her decision I am able to know, first-hand, the benefits of having a mom there. Each day, when I got home from school, she was there to listen to me recount (in more detail than I'm sure she cared to know) my day to her.
Anyway, Mom, I just want to tell you thank you for being there for me, and I love you!!

No comments: