Sunday, April 20, 2008

Cousin

Tonight one of my cousins called me. It was so nice to hear from him because we haven't talked for at least a year, I think. He's about a year younger than I, and I only got to know him when I went to school up at BYU-I after my mission. He has two older sisters, and, while growing up, I always played with the girls, and the boys always . . . well, I don't' know what they did because we were pretty segregated.

Anyway, the summer after my mission, while living with my grandparents, I got to know my cousin a little. He and one of his friends and I went to a couple of activities together. I'm glad to have him as a friend. I'm still not feeling very well, so it was a little tender mercy that he called me tonight, I think. As far as I know, he doesn't even know about what's going on with me, unless my grandma has told him. I didn't even tell him how I've been feeling lately. It was just nice to catch up a little. Hopefully I'll be able to see him this summer.

It's like my roommate just told me - Heavenly Father really is always watching over us, even (and probably especially) during the hard times.

No comments: