Thursday, January 24, 2008

Happy Birthday Friend!

Today is a great day for a few different reasons:

1) It's my friend's birthday today. And he's not just any friend - he's one of the best friends I have, and I love him. We had quite a long chat on the phone today, which I really enjoyed. It's nice to have a good long talk from time to time. He is kind of an unexpected friend. Have you ever had one of those? When I met him I thought that he was cute and cool, but the first couple of times that I tried to get to know him he kind of blew me off. I figured he didn't like me and decided to leave him alone, but, strangely enough, he approached me one day. After that we gradually became friends, though it wasn't until I moved away that things started to get better (what does that say about me, I wonder? :o) )

Anyways, he's been there for me when I have needed him most over the past several years, for which I will forever be grateful for him; I will also forever be in his debt for those things. I have recently learned that he will be moving to a neighboring city soon, which means I can see him - yea!

2) THERE IS FINALLY A COMMENT ON MY BLOG!! Thanks Lizzie! You don't know how good that makes me feel. It's proof that someone has actually read your blog. Now, don't worry everyone. I'm not saying that you need to feel obligated to comment - you don't have to. It was just exciting for me today.

On a completely unrelated note I will soon be posting about the interesting e-cards my dad likes to send me. I just have to think of a witty way to talk about them first. So stay tuned.

And, once again, Happy Birthday Friend!

No comments: