Thursday, December 27, 2007

The Day After Boxing Day

My mom took my sisters and me shopping today - wahoo!! right? Wrong!

For most girls this is great and a part of being a female - going out on the town to spend money on a new wardrobe. However, like one of my friends told me awhile back, "but Jamie, you are not like most girls." Touche.

I hate shopping. Maybe hate is a little strong, but it just seems like such a hassle to me. That's why I prefer to acquire my wardrobe from other people. Not only are hand-me-downs 100% less expensive than buying clothes, not only are they already worn in and comfortable, but you don't have to go brave the crowds as you try to find the perfect pair of jeans, or shoes, or shirt, or what have you.

However, I have to say that today's excursion went rather well. We were gone for about an hour and a half (only a half hour past my preferred shopping time), and in that time went to three stores (one of them being a pet store to try to calm my nerves) and successfully emerged with clothes for all of us daughters. I got two pairs of jeans, which is double the pairs I currently wear, and two pairs of flip-flops, which means I don't have to steal my roommate's anymore. Therefore, it was a success, and I won't have to do it again for awhile, which makes it even better - although I could use a couple of new shirts . . .

No comments: