Sunday, June 16, 2013

Happy Father's Day

Today was an interesting Father's Day for me because my boyfriend is a father of three boys.  I don't think I made my boy feel like I should have today, and that's not good.  I think this is really a transition period for me right now.  Also, I haven't had much alone time with the boy.  He doesn't even have his children a majority of the time, but it feels like they've been with us a lot so far, and it's a little challenging.  I'm hardly used to being in a relationship, period; add kids to that, and it's not the easiest thing for me.  I mean, I like his kids, and he still does an amazing job of paying attention to me; I think it's just a little hard to come into a culture that's already been there for the four of them.  Ugh - I don't know if that's really what I mean, but I guess that's what I've written tonight.  Happy Father's Day to my boy and to my dad and to lots of great dads out there.