Sunday, March 11, 2012

Dating

A couple of posts ago, I wrote about a guy who I met online. I was sad that I didn't want to continue. I wrote him to end things, and then he wrote such a nice email back that I second-guessed myself and thought to continue. So, I tried, and he was great, but I finally decided that I was just wasting our time. I drove up, we went to dinner, we talked, and I came home. Then I went to a single's conference this weekend, and I thought, 'Why couldn't I want to date him? Then I wouldn't have to be here doing this singles thing that I really don't like being a part of.' Not only that, but he's a decent guy, and I think we have a lot in common, and he was so nice and treated me so well. He built me up and made me feel valued (I mean, this is all premature - but the initial impressions were positive.), but for some reason that I can't figure out - I didn't want to date him. I just wasn't feeling it, you know? And even though I'm saying these things, I feel pretty okay with not getting in deeper. It's just kind of a shame, that's all. So back to the drawing board. And back to trying to figure out how to meet some dudes - it feels pretty tricky.

No comments: