Sunday, March 14, 2010

Count Your Blessings

I have been pretty frustrated with some of my colleagues lately - well, for quite awhile (especially with one of them). However, it recently occurred to me how blessed I have been at my job. I mean, I've been grateful for the job, but I have only just realized that I have been really blessed with what I need to handle it over these past several years. When I was having a really rough time mental health-wise I worked with an AMAZING T.A. who was really understanding and very on top of things. I mean we totally could have reversed the titles at any point. It was really helpful to work with her during that time; I didn't have to worry about whether or not someone would take care of things if I couldn't. Last year I was doing quite a bit better, and I had a T.A. who did a great job with grading. This year, I feel like there is only one other staff member that I can really trust - but at least I have felt a lot healthier. So, even though my situation isn't as ideal as I would like it to be, I feel like it's still not too much for me to handle. Which is just evidence to me of God's love for us.

1 comment:

Shay said...

Hi Jamie! It's so funny you mention this, because I just heard JP Moreland speak about being thankful to God for all He has given and done. It was very interesting and he said it has been proven that by changing the way we think we are able to eliminate our anxiety. This was based on the research of neuroscientist Jeffrey Schwartz. Schwartz recently became a Christ follower.