Tuesday, January 12, 2010

About Conan and The Tonight Show

I'm not a big watcher of The Tonight Show or any of the other late night shows:

1) I don't regularly watch t.v.

2) These shows are on late.

3) They're usually a bit racy.

That being said, I have enjoyed many clips that I have seen. My dad used to watch Johnny Carson. I don't think I really watched Jay Leno, but I know a lot of people did. I did spend a summer watching The Late Night Show with Conan, and I kind of liked it. I think it's great that he moved to the earlier show, too, and I loved his driver's license commentary early in his new, California life - I would link to the clip, but I didn't see it on YouTube. Anyway, I found an article talking about how NBC is placing Leno's show later, which would push The Tonight Show to a later time slot. Conan won't do it, and I kind of like what he has to say. I think it's cool that in addition to how he feels about moving The Tonight Show to a different time, he doesn't want to push Jimmy Fallon and The Late Night Show to a later time - I wouldn't have a problem with that because, let's face it, Jimmy Fallon does not seem meant to host that type of show. Noble of Conan to not push him, though, when that very thing is happening to him. And I agree with him that NBC hasn't given him enough time.

I probably wouldn't even be commenting on this - I'm very much not a regular watcher, but I like Conan's statement, and I wanted to share it.

No comments: