Sunday, December 28, 2008

Post Holiday Thoughts

Hmmm . . . Do you ever feel a little melancholy after a great event, like Christmas? I think that's what I'm feeling tonight - like Christmas is over, and I need to get back to life and it's responsibilities, which I'm dreading. I'm thinking about the new year and all of the things that I need to get done before the semester is over. I'm thinking about the goals that I want to set and tackle - they're not going to be easy ones for me.


However, if I can get myself to focus on the fun over the past week, I can think of happier things. I've gotten to spend the past several days surrounded by most of my family, and I'm including a picture of my brother and sister-in-law in here because I took a picture of them this morning, and I'm not sure when I will see them again. I've played LOTS of games. I've watched some good movies. I've received nice gifts. I've given away many. I've thought about the Savior and His greatest gift. I ought to let those things help make me ready to tackle what's ahead.

No comments: