Sunday, August 17, 2008

What a Week!

Okay, first of all, the layout to Blogger is a little different - I don't like change, so that was a little upsetting. Second of all, I have to get up pretty early again starting tomorrow because it's back south I go to teach. Last week was full of teacher meetings at the main cite, which I live near, tomorrow the kids start, which means I commute around 45 min one way. Which means that I should have been in bed an hour ago, but I was panicky, so I stayed up and had some fun with my roommates. I would love to blog in greater detail about my adventures from the past week, but since I don't have time, I will list them:

Wednesday
Eat yummy dinner prepared by Friend
Get caught in major monsoon with Roommate and Friend while wearing bad sandals that tore up my feet (I hoped we wouldn't get struck by lightening, which happened to a small boy at the same park recently - thankfully, we didn't get struck)
Spent an hour to go what normally takes 15 min in trying to drive home from Friend's - the roads were flooded, several cars appeared to have flooded engines.
Arrive at home to find electricity out - yea for candles!

Saturday
Wake up feeling sick
Sister and Brother-in-law come and make yummy breakfast
Go to Sam's Club
Go to dentist for annual checkup and 6 month cleaning - find out dentist wants to remove old filling because he's sure there's a cavity under it
Get home for Missionary meeting a few minutes after the others have arrived (thank you for letting them in, Roommate!)
Get a massage from a male massage therapist (I hope there's nothing morally wrong with that!) - I felt very relaxed after, which was nice, for a change
Eat at a ridiculously expensive fondue restaurant with Roommate

Sunday
Speak in church, which means I spent the time leading up to that talk feeling crazy nervous, but that's to be expected.

And, I also watched part of Jim Henson's Storyteller series, which was great! I love Henson!

No comments: