Sunday, August 10, 2008

Tender Mercies

So little to write about, so much time to write it in . . . Wait! Strike that! Reverse it!

The care-free summer life of Jamie has ended and the normal work-life begins again tomorrow. I should be in bed now and not typing (thank goodness I don't have to drive to Sahuarita in the morning - we're meeting up here), so the many things I would like to blog about will have to wait. P.S. Wish me luck getting back into the swing of things - I never like this part.

Instead, I will just say that the Lord is good. He loves me. Yea! Today the talks at church addressed a question about being worthy to enter the temple. I have been feeling quite guilty about many things lately, so I was dreading the talks. Oh great! Now I'm going to feel awful and I won't be able to sleep or live with myself!

Boy was I wrong! When the guy who gave the last talk got up, I was really dreading hearing from him. He's an amazing speaker, but I was worried that when he talked about worthiness I would just feel horrible. I was tempted to get up and take a long bathroom break, you know? Anyway, Speaker must have been inspired because he gave an amazing talk. As he started into it, I quickly realized that this was not going to be a guilt-inducing talk, but on the contrary, it made me feel like I've been looking at things all wrong. By the end I felt so hopeful, and I was wanting to believe that I really can be perfected in Christ. I felt like it was very much what I needed to hear. And from what I gather, there were a lot of people in the congregation who felt the same way.

It was a tender mercy of the Lord, and I am grateful for it. Heavenly Father's plan is perfect. Christ's atonement is real, and I can come to Him. Isn't that amazing? I am unworthy, but I should remember, like Nephi, that "nevertheless, I know in whom I have trusted." I hope that you trust in Him, too.

No comments: