Sunday, December 16, 2012

God's Love

Today I spoke in church about the spirit of Christmas.  On Friday I was upset with the events in Connecticut - what a horrible, horrible tragedy.  I was particularly upset because it involved children.  I already posted on Facebook, but while I was driving home from work and talking to my mom about the massacre, I noticed a rainbow that stretched across the sky.  The rainbow is a symbol of God's love, and I was grateful for it on that particular day.

Back to speaking in church.  The spirit of Christmas comes from being focused on the Savior and trying to do the things He would do, I think.  He is the ultimate symbol of God's love for us; through Him, we can hope to return to Heavenly Father.  I'm so grateful for the gift of the Savior and that we can turn to Christ for healing and find peace.

No comments: