Sunday, September 30, 2012

Simple Joys

I found out that my parents were going to be visiting my sister and her family this weekend.  I was planning on visiting, too.  My birthday is coming up, so at last minute I texted the family to see if they wanted to meet me at a Mexican restaurant when I got up there.  I'm so glad they did; the food was delicious.  Perhaps more fun than eating great food, though, was watching my nephew delight in eating his great food.  He loves food - a lot.  He can pack it in, too.  He looked so happy to have food to eat and just stayed pretty joyful throughout the meal.

Later, back at my sister's house, she presented me with cupcakes decorated and arranged to look like a flower.  My niece asked me what color of cupcake I wanted because she was hoping for one of the pink ones, I think.  My favorite color is yellow, so I took the center of the flower, and she got one of the many pink petals.  Once again, it was so fun to watch my nephew.  First, while everyone was singing to me, he was fun because he just grinned and looked sort of embarrassed (I don't know if he thought it was his birthday.).  Then, once he got his cupcake, he spent his time trying to shove as much of it in his mouth in as little time as possible.  My dad got some great pictures.  If he emails them to me, maybe I'll post one (or more) on here.

Also, my nephew is starting to say a few words.  My sister tried to get him to say "I love you" to me, and he did!  It came out something like "I-uh-oo."  So cute.

No comments: