Sunday, June 10, 2012

I Do Hard Things

Well, I had an interesting week.  I had a man talk to me online who I found out is interested in a polygamous relationship - whoa! And disturbing.  While still kind of upset by that encounter, I felt something on my ankle, which turned out to be a roach!  So I was all kinds of grossed out that night.  Besides those two things that kind of happened to me, I willfully did a couple of tough-for-me things.  I went to brunch with my ex-boyfriend's fiance - my good friend.  I'm glad I went; I think it was good for us to see each other and visit.  It just wasn't the easiest thing to do is all.  The next day, I went to a board meeting for my school and voiced my opinion about salary stuff.  Not a very comfortable thing to do, but I felt like it needed to be done.  One of my roommates told me that she has appreciated a church leader's changing the statement, "I can do hard things," to "I do hard things."  I haven't verified the statement, but I like it.  We all do hard things.  They may not seem like a big deal to others, and maybe many of them aren't really that big of a deal, but there are things that we each do that are kind of difficult for us, which is good.

No comments: