Sunday, September 18, 2011

Three Strikes

I had three strikes this weekend:
  1. Potential Date
  2. Friend Date
  3. Girl Friend Date
Notice, I tried from the greatest rejection potential to the least, and all three failed. There were good reasons for them all; previous plans, no longer lives in the area, headache. Sometimes life just doesn't quite work the way you want it to.

Before my failed Saturday night, however, I had a great Friday night involving a few friends, hamburgers, and Rock Band.

I also got to go to the temple and visit my sister and her family on Saturday, so it was still a good day.

Back to the strikes, though. I have a question for you. This is the second time the date didn't work out with this particular guy. Do I give it one more shot, or do I call it good? There's this great website I recently found - I'm not sure if I mentioned it on here yet. It is called The Art of Manliness, and I read about the Brad Pitt rule on it. In a nutshell, it points out that if you ask someone out, and they turn you down, it means they don't want to go out with you. I agree. If I legitimately can't go out with someone, but I want to, I think I ask for a rain check - I try to let them know that I really do want to go out. The guy has not suggested anything concrete; he just says, let me know when you're in town and we'll try again, or something like that.

1 comment:

Duckie said...

Let the guy make the next move. If he's interested, he'll try to work something out. If he's too lame to make it work, he misses out.