Sunday, August 30, 2009

Obsession Continued (Why Don't I Learn?)

Okay, so I finally gave in and started reading Twilight again - this is reading #3, which is pretty big for me because there are very few books that I have read more than once (as in, I could probably count the number of books I've read multiple times on one hand). I don't even think I've read Pride and Prejudice or Jane Eyre more than once. Not only am I re-reading Twilight, but I'm also reading Midnight Sun - is that what it's called? - at the same time, and I'm pretty sure I'm around the same level of obsessed with it as I am with Twilight. If you don't know what Midnight Sun is, it is Twilight told from Edward's perspective. You might be thinking that it wouldn't be all that interesting - you already know the story - but I am really enjoying reading it from Edward's side. I'm getting to know more about where he's coming from. I think it's a good writing exercise, and I might want to keep that in mind for myself if I ever really write.

I am working on a short story, by the way. We shall see if I actually finish it. I kind of like it so far. I'm sure it needs a lot of editing, but I feel like the ideas are okay.

And now to not segue - my parents came to town this weekend. It was fun to visit with them. Here are a few pictures:



This last one's kind of crazy, but I like it! Happy September (almost)!



No comments: